Mandarin Oriental, Milan has launched a luxury accommodation package, The Genius of Leonardo da Vinci, which provides guests with a unique and exclusive four-hour tour of Milan’s Da Vinci masterpieces. Available until 31 December 2019, the package offers additional itineraries for guests to choose from that take in Da Vinci’s lesser-known works.
A wealth of events will take place in Milan throughout 2019 to mark the 500th anniversary of Da Vinci’s death. Architect, artist, scientist, inventor and engineer, Tuscan-born Leonardo left a hugely important legacy in Milan during his twenty-year residency in the city.
Guests booking The Genius of Leonardo da Vinci will enjoy luxurious accommodation and breakfast, plus a private four-hour guided tour for two people, featuring Leonardo’s must-see masterpieces, including The Last Supper and the nearby Da Vinci Vineyard, which the Duke Of Milan Ludovico Sforza gave to Leonardo as payment for painting that masterpiece. Guests will also have an opportunity to admire the twelve volume Codex Atlanticus, the largest collection of drawings, writings, sketches and descriptions of Da Vinci’s extraordinary inventions. From 2 May 2019 the tour will include a visit to the Sala delle Asse in the Sforza Castle, home to one of the first examples of illusionist decoration.
Additional tour itineraries can be organised on request (subject to a separate quotation), including Leonardo the Engineer that takes in sketches and models of many Da Vinci inventions. Alternatively, Leonardo, his Peers and his Contemporaries includes Michelangelo’s Pietà Rondanini in the Sforza Castle, Bramante’s impressive trompe l’oeil in the Church of Santa Maria presso San Satiro and wonderful frescoes from the school of Leonardo in the Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore.
Guests wanting to discover more of Leonardo’s architectural and engineering projects may wish to visit Milan’s vibrant Navigli area, a network of interconnected canals designed by Leonardo that are today a fashionable nightlife spot. The Hotel Concierge will gladly recommend the best places to enjoy an aperitivo in the area.
The Genius of Leonardo da Vinci package is priced from EUR 1,160 per room per night, and includes:
- Luxurious accommodation at Mandarin Oriental, Milan
- Full breakfast for two in the convivial surroundings of Mandarin Bar & Bistrot
- Private four-hour guided tour for two people featuring Leonardo’s must-see masterpieces in Milan, including The Last Supper, the Da Vinci Vineyard, the Sala delle Asse and the Codex Atlanticus, which displays the most important collection of Da Vinci’s drawings, sketches and writings
- Private chauffeur-driven car at guests’ disposal during the tour, with a maximum travel and waiting time of five hours
- Additional tour itineraries organised on request (subject to a separate quotation)
This package is available until 31 December 2019. A minimum two-night stay is required. For reservations, visit mandarinoriental.com/milan.